Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze - #BundtBakers







For this month's Bundt Bakers, Lauren chose cinnamon as the theme. I love cinnamon. LOVE IT. But I just couldn't think of anything to make. Nothing seemed good enough or interesting enough. I've been busy with a project over the last few weeks and it's sapping my creative energy. I barely have enough time to do regular activities of daily living much less scroll through FoodGawker to drool and be inspired. No bueno.

So I'm admitting it. Baking a carrot cake is a cop out. But you know what, I had a million pounds (give or take 999,998 lbs) of carrots that needed to be used so it was the best decision practically. And let's face it, there can never be too much carrot cake. Plus there's that awesome glaze. I already know I'm going to use it as the filling for my celebration cake in April. I have no idea what the other flavours will be though.

My fellow Bundt Bakers gave this theme there all though so definitely visit all the cinnamon bundts. There's a lot to drool over.


Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze

Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated carrot

Glaze
56g cream cheese, softened
14g butter, softened
90g powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
milk as needed

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-12 cup Bundt pan.

Whisk together the sugars, oil and eggs. In a separate container, whisk together the dry ingredients then stir them into the wet ingredients. Fold in the grated carrots.

Pour into Bundt pan.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.

Cool completely before glazing.

For the glaze, cream together the cream cheese and butter then add the powdered sugar and cinnamon. I put a range for the cinnamon as you may want to taste and adjust it. Add milk by the teaspoon until you reach your preferred consistency.

Note
This isn't my favourite carrot cake. It's delicious and I may have eaten half of it yesterday. But I love Emeril Lagasse's recipe more than this one. It has more fat and more carrots and is more moist. Since you can't have too much carrot cake, I may make Emeril's next Monday. I'll have to see if it can hold up well in a Bundt pan.




BundtBakers

 You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
post signature

17 comments:

  1. Yummm... that frosting / glaze looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrot cake...it's a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love the moistness carrots provide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cop out or not, carrot cake cannot be beat! I'd kill for a slice right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kinda wanna dive into that cinnamon glaze. #forreal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, this is a terrific use for carrots! Love the cinnamon glaze, looks like the perfect accompaniment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with a Carrot Cake, I haven't had one for ages, I may give the Emeril Lagasse version a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this is you at your least inspired, I can't wait to see what you can come up with when you're creative mojo is filled up. I think the cake and frosting are an amazing combination. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your cake looks amazing. Carrot cake is one of my favorites, so I love the idea of using it for this challenge. Your cake looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrot cake is also one of my favorites, so I am definitely going to try the other recipe ;-) This one looks gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think carrot cake is a cop out! It's always got loads of cinnamon (especially in my house!), plus it's delicious. This looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm right with you there on a definite lack of time, but I think you did an amazing job. I love the warm spice of cinnamon in my carrot cake, and using up carrots that need to be used is winning in my book. And yes, there is that glaze of cinnamon-y goodness. I'd certainly say a big yes to a slice of your bundt right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never made my own carrot cake and I really should, your recipe looks perfect! And that cinnamon glaze should just go on everything, but then again, I'm partial to the cinnamon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think there is anything more delicious than carrot cake! This is a perfect dessert for Easter :)

    ReplyDelete