Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Orange Chia Seed Muffins #MuffinMonday



I have a large bag of chia seeds and had yet to use them. I've thought of making a pudding several times but worried that I may not like it. I honestly can't explain why I thought might not. If I can get the pudding to taste like ice cream, I'm sure it would be amazing. Thankfully, the idea  of using them in a muffin came to me. The orange and almond in the muffins are great and the chia seeds add a little crunch. So one chia seeds recipe down and hopefully more to come.

Below the recipe you'll see the other muffins the bakers made this month. 

Enjoy!

Orange Chia Seed Muffins
Yield: ~ 9 muffins

Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar
zest of 1 orange
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice (from zested orange)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 425F. Line a cupcake tin.
Rub the orange zest into the sugar for a few minutes. 
Add flour, chia seeds, baking powder, salt. Whisk to combine.
In another bowl combine egg, milk, orange juice, oil, and almond extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. 
Fill each muffin well almost full. 

Bake 5 minutes then lower the oven to 350F. Continue baking another 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. 




Muffin Monday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I too have a bag of chia seeds that have only been used once. I love the idea of orange muffins with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I've been adding chia seeds to my oatmeal, but this is a great new way to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ingredients that I've used for a single recipe. I need to start shopping my cupboards for recipe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete