Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Cinnamon Walnut Applesauce Bundt - #BundtBakers




I baked this bundt to take to a little get-together with some of my childhood friends/cousins. The best part about this bundt (apart from the flavour) is how quick it is to put together. I had very little time and I was able to throw this together while probably half asleep, run to a meeting while it cooled, and then glaze and pack it up to take with me. 

This month, the Bundt bakers are showcasing applesauce. Applesauce can be used as a substitute for butter or oil in cakes and it helps to make a cake moist. I took a very simple approach here. Applesauce is the main ingredient rather than a substitute. Be sure to visit the other Bundt Bakers below to see how they used applesauce in their bundts. 


Cinnamon Walnut Applesauce Bundt

Ingredients 
Cake
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups applesauce 
3/4 cups oil 
2 eggs 
3/4 cup chopped walnuts 

Directions 

Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
Whisk flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. 
Mix together applesauce, oil, and eggs. 
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring until just combined. Next, fold in the pecans. 
Pour into prepared pan. 
Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bundt comes out clean. 
Cool, glaze if desired, and enjoy. 

Notes
  • I adopted this from a fellow Bundt Baker - Magnolia Days
  • I didn't measure for the glaze. I mixed together some softened butter (a small amount - about a tablespoon) and confectioner's sugar. I then added a little milk until it got to the consistency that I liked. Then I thought that some cinnamon would be perfect so I added a dash and a pinch of salt. Glazes rarely work for me but this one was great. 
  • You could probably cut down on the nuts a bit. I didn't get a picture of the inside but 3/4 cup chopped nuts was a lot of nuts! I guess I chopped pretty small. 




BundtBakers




#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.


  post signature

1 comment: