Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Almond Flour Banana Muffins - #MuffinMonday




I have baked a couple things with almond and coconut flour before but this is the first batch I really enjoyed. The texture is, of course, different from regular flour muffins but the flavour is amazing and they are super moist. My only regret is that I forgot to add some xanthan gum to see how that would affect the texture. Next batch. for sure!

Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients

3 bananas
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup sweetener (I used regular sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/3 cup add-ins (chocolate chips, nuts; optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-count muffin pan. These might stick so I would definitely use a liner over greasing the pan just in case. 

In a bowl, mash the bananas then add the eggs, oil, sweetener, and vanilla. Whisk together. 

Whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. If your almond flour has lumps, definitely sift it beforehand. 

Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. If you're using add-ins, gently stir them in, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top. 

Divide the batter evenly among the muffin wells. 

Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside a muffin comes out clean. 

Notes







\ Muffin Monday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.








post signature

9 comments:

  1. I always have almond flour in the freezer (to stop it from turning rancid) so I look forward to giving these a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine in the freezer too. I can never use it fast enough .

      Delete
  2. These look great! I've never used almond flour before, I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All almond flour sounds delicious. Congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look lovely. I've always wanted to try almond flour, however, with B.O.B. Bob being allergic, I've always been wary. These make me want to give it a try though...maybe when he's not home for a day or two. - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love almond flour and am intrigued that it is the only flour used in these muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are less sturdy because of the lack of gluten but it's still pretty good.

      Delete
  6. Sounds super yum! I always add some flour to the muffin. This almond flour stand alone version sounds best and I am going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete