I had two very different Bundt plans for this post. One was inspired by a special childhood memory and the other was a virtual celebration for a friend who has spent the last nine and a half months battling breast cancer. However, I am the most indecisive person and spent much too much time hemming and hawing. Would my batter be thick enough for the special ingredient required for the "memory" Bundt? What would be the pink element in J's Bundt? It needed to be extra special. This summer she had a mastectomy, a devastating setback and went back in for a radical mastectomy that finally left us with good news - benign margins. Mere drops of food colouring just would not do.
Alas, life had other plans for me this month. Things got a little extra topsy turvy and there was just no time to experiment with all the ideas in my head. I decided to keep it simple with these mini vanilla chiffon Bundts. Vanilla barely gets any love from me. But I am glad that I got to take a moment away from all the chaos and bake these little vanilla cakes. They are light, moist and flavourful. This is definitely one of those recipes that I will go back to again and again. A friend's birthday is next week and if life calms down just enough, she'll get her birthday cake on time. Hopefully, I can find a chocolate version of this. She's one of my chocoholic friends who likes nothing but chocolate in her chocolate so this vanilla just will not do. I may sneak in a vanilla chiffon layer though. Don't tell her - she'll just be surprised when she cuts the cake.
All our Bundts this month are a bit dressy and ready for a celebration. Thanks to our host, Terri for choosing this sprinkles theme!
Vanilla Chiffon Mini Bundts
Barely Adapted from: Cook's Country
Yield: 10 one-cup capacity mini Bundts
5 eggs, separated
10.5 oz sugar, divided use
5.35 oz cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease 10 mini Bundt pans or a 10-12 cup capacity Bundt pan.
Beat the 5 egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until the peaks are stiff and glossy.
Whisk the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together the 5 yolks, water, oil and vanilla.
Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Whisk a third of the beaten egg whites into the batter then gently fold in the remaining egg whites one scoop at a time.
Scrape into prepared pans.
Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the mini Bundts comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from the pans.
Whisk together confectioner's sugar and vanilla then add just enough milk to reach your desired consistency. Pour over cooled cake.
Here are this month's "Sprinkles" Bundts:
- Black Onyx Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Bourbon Walnut Pound Cake from Magnolia Days
- Bubblegum Frosted Funfetti Vanilla Bean Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Extra Chocolateado from la mejor manera de hacer...
- Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake from Cali's Cuisine
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake from Tea and Scones
- Chocolate Sprinkles Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Chocolate Walnut Cake with Sprinkles from FoodJam
- Confetti Bundt Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Crazy Coco Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Eggless Vanilla Confetti Bundt Cake from SimplyVeggies
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food & Cooking
- 'Guild the Lily' Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Irish Butter Chocolate Sprinkle Cake with Ganache from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jammin' Jimmies Bundt from Noshing With The Nolands
- Nutella Bundt with Nutella Glaze from Food Lust People Love
- Oatmeal Cookie Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from The Spiced Life
- Orange Dreamscicle Confetti Cake from Our Good Life
- Pistachio Sprinkle Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Raspberry Ricotta Bundt Cake from Brunch With Joy
- Red Velvet Sprinkle Explosion Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Sprinkles of Love Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Sprinkled Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Sprinkles from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Vanilla Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Vanilla Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
- Watermelon Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.