Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Mango Muffins - #MuffinMonday





Last month I mentioned that I tried to make mango muffins but they were horrible. Mango season only lasts so long so I thought I'd try again this month before all the mangoes were gone. And this time it worked perfectly! No more dense muffins. I started with the recipe that I used for plantain muffins and that is actually modified from Alton Brown's banana bread. Can't go wrong with Alton Brown. Once again I used Julie mangoes. Julie mangoes are a beautiful bright orange and are less fibrous than other varieties. Hayden or Bombay would have been great too.


Remember to scroll down for more Muffin Monday recipes!



Mango Muffins 
Yield: 12 muffins 

Ingredients
Topping
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons butter
Muffins
360 grams mango pulp
200 grams brown sugar
120 millilitres oil
2 eggs
250 grams flour
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt


Directions

Grease or line a cupcake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.

Topping: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and ginger. Cut in the butter and set aside.

Muffins: Blend together the mango and sugar until the mango is pureed. In a separate container, whisk the oil and eggs together and then add to the mango mixture. Whisk together.

Whisk the flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt.

Slowly combine the flour mixture and the mango mixture. Stir only until just combined being careful not to overmix.

Divide the batter among the cups and sprinkle each with scant two teaspoons of the topping mixture.

Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.




#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Our stores are full of mangoes as well, Kelly, so I can't wait to try these. What a gorgeous orange color they are. I can just imagine the flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love mangoes so this is going on my to make list. I may need to start with Frozen Mangoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yumm!! The color on those is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    I'm glad you persevered with these muffins. I enjoy the flavor of mango, and am always looking for new ideas for breakfasts for my family.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you kept trying! These sound delicious and have such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete