Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Jam-filled Muffins #MuffinMonday



My brother seems to always drive in when I'm taking muffins out of the oven.  And he almost always grabs a hot one. I didn't even see him do it this time. I was taking the muffins out of the pan to cool further when I noticed that one was missing.

These muffins are hiding a little surprise. I know there's jam in the middle. I put it there but still I was a bit surprised when I but in. I used guava jam and was worried that it would harden when the muffins cool but it didn't. The jam softens a lot in the oven and stays that way. I added a glaze to this batch and it really did not need it. Sugar overload! The jam is already sweet. The glaze would need a contrasting flavour to be worth it.



Jam Filled Muffins

ingredients
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Scant half cup of your favourite jam

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare a muffin pan
Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Gold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined
Fill the muffin wells just under half full and then top with a heaping teaspoon of jam. Add enough batter to cover the jam.
You'll get about 11 muffins.
Bake for 5 minutes at 425F then lower the temperature to 350. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.




#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page. Muffin Monday
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love that the guava jam stayed in a little pocket, Kelly. What a lovely surprise! Bet your brother burned his tongue on that hot jam! Probably won't teach him though. :) Who can resist a warm muffin? Instead of making glaze, I like to brush a little warmed jam on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both filled our muffins with jam! Guava jam sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete