Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Oreo Muffins - #MuffinMonday



Perhaps I should rename these muffins "The Little Muffins that Almost Couldn't".  I wanted to make these for May's Muffin Monday but my time management sucks. I'd like to pretend that I was just extremely busy and it just didn't happen. But it was just bad time management. I thought I had another week to make them for June and didn't have them on my to-do list. I realised my mistake yesterday morning. I contemplated sitting out again but realised that I could do it along with some cinnamon rolls. I got everything ready, preheated the oven, and mixed up my batter while the rolls proofed. 

My oven beeps when it hits the desired temperature and before that you don't knowhat temperature it is at. The oven never beeped. I never left the kitchen because I'm paranoid about missing that beep. I was talking to myself but not that loudly. I waited and waited and waited. Eventually, I decided to throw half the muffins in the oven along with some rolls and half the muffins in the toaster oven. The toaster oven isn't ideal but I wanted to guarantee that I had something. 

watched them like a hawk and to my surprise they rose and baked like regular. So maybe I did miss the beep? Or am I low on gas but the oven is hot enough to make the muffins but not yet 350 F hot. I have no idea. But I need to resolve this before next weekend when I have a TON of baking to do. I need an oven thermometer but that would have to be ordered online and won't get here in time. Perhaps, I'll order a back-up cylinder of gas. 

#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page

Muffin Monday
Oreo Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients 

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 Oreos, chopped

Directions 

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line a  muffin pan.
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder,  and salt. In a separate container, mix milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Give it about 5 strokes and With most of the flour still dry, add in the chopped Oreos. Stir until just combined. Full the prepared muffin wells almost full.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

Notes
I tried this with only half cup of sugar and found it wasn't sweet enough. It felt like it needed a glaze.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad the glitch with your oven wasn't serious because it would have been a crime to miss out on these wonderful muffins, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you. I have TWO thermometers hanging in my oven because I never quite trust the number on the dial. So glad your muffins turned out, Kelly. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there where I practically will the baked goods to rise in the oven! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete