Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

Ginger Apple Pear Muffins - #MuffinMonday





Happy last Monday of the month! 

When do you usually start Christmas shopping? I feel so behind on everything that I think I probably need to start figuring out Christmas right now so I don't miss it. I've known what I wanted to order for my mother's birthday for months! Yet, somehow, her birthday is this week and I still haven't ordered it. Usually, I have a cake plan for her but I haven't even figured that out. This morning I thought of doing something with coconut. But just my luck, there were no dry coconuts on the trees today and I didn't have time to go to the supermarket.   I just can't seem to keep up with the speed of time. Hopefully, I get her birthday stuff done before Christmas. 


Anyway, you know the Muffin Monday drill. Delicious muffins await you below. Just scroll down!


Ginger Apple Pear Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients

2 cups flour 
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk 
1/2 cup oil 
1 egg
200 grams of chopped apples & pears (I did half and half)

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 F. 
Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers. 
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, and salt. 
In a separate bowl, whisk milk, oil, and the egg. 
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. 
Next, gently fold in the chopped fruit. 
Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin wells. 
Bake for 5 minutes then lower the oven to 375 F. Bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. 
Cool and enjoy!


Notes
I was tempted to add a streusel to these and I'm glad that I didn't. My brother said he enjoyed them because they were not super sweet. 


Muffin Monday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page. post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Christmas procrastinator and I dread it every year! These muffins have all my favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Goodness. I have had gifts arrive in January because I can't get my act together.

      Delete
  2. What a great combo for a muffin! I stash stuff away all year long for Christmas...it's just easier that way. I don't do well when I wait till the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother starts buying as soon as the last Christmas is over. I can never decide what to get people.

      Delete
  3. Love ginger in baked goods, these sound so good! I usually start shopping somewhere in mid to late October but I only have a handful of people to buy for.

    ReplyDelete