Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Cheese & Thyme Muffins #MuffinMonday






My friend suggested that I make cheese and thyme muffins many months ago but I kept forgetting to buy cheese. When I did buy cheese, another type of muffin would sound more appealing. But here they are, finally. Perhaps my favourite part of making these was how the house smelled while they baked. They made me crave pizza and if I can get my act together this week, I think I'll definitely make some pizza on Friday. Maybe there will be thyme on my pizza? No. In the crust would be better.  These don't have as much pepper as my onion and garlic muffins and I definitely missed the cayenne. I had to nix it though because I wanted to share them with someone who can't handle the heat.  But next time, dear cheese and thyme muffins, next time.  Also, The next time I make these, I want to use a sharp cheddar or a mix of cheeses.

Cheese and Thyme Muffins
Yield: 10 muffins

Ingredients
240 grams flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
60 grams white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease the cups of a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. You'll need 10 cups.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir in the cheese and thyme. In a separate container, mix together milk, oil, and the egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently mix together until just combined.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

Best served warm.




Muffin Monday

Thanks for hosting Wendy!



#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I would love one of these alongside a big bowl of soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the smell of baking cheese. It's the best ever. I bet your friend is happy you finally gave in and made these!

    ReplyDelete