I had this post planned for weeks! I was going to tell you why I stopped baking cakes. I was going to talk about how I wanted to hoard these bundts because they were DELICIOUS. I wanted to tell you about making fresh coconut milk for the first time. (I probably shouldn't admit that to my Jamaican friends. Everyone makes coconut milk!) But things happened. I procrastinated. And suddenly it was a few hours before the post needed to be up and BAM! Powercut. I should have been in bed 2 hours ago so let's make this quick.
Cake delicious. Must bake every week.
Lots of yeasted bunts to view below! Thanks to our hosts Felice and Wendy!
Coconut Spice Mini Yeasted Bundts
(Yield: 8 mini Bundts )
240 grams flour
190 grams sugar (white or light brown)
70 grams grated coconut
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
177 ml coconut milk
118 ml oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
Whisk together the flour, sugar, coconut, instant yeast, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir in coconut milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Pour into greased mini Bundt pans. My Bundt pans hold 1 cup of liquid.
Leave at room temperature for two hours. The batter will rise but not double.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. Co-Host: Felice; Host blog: All That’s Left Are The Crumbs (http://allthatsleftarethecrumbs.blogspot.com/) Co-Host: Wendy; Host blog: A Day in the Life on the Farm (http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/)
You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Bica Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Coconut Spice Mini Yeasted Bundts by Passion Kneaded
- Cornish Saffron Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Czech Poppyseed Crown Coffee Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Guinness Bread Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Healthy Vegan Bundt Cake by Bizcocheando
- Hot Cross Bundts by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Irish Butter Cheesy Bread Bundt by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite A Whiskered Accomplice
- Jasmine Tea Savarin by Sneha's Recipe
- King's Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon and Blackberry Savarin by A Day in the Life on the Farm